Friday, January 16, 2009

New Departure Date

So, a new departure date has been set: the 30th of January, arriving on the 1st of February, via Frankfurt. I somehow don't believe it's going to happen: arriving on a Sunday doesn't sound right.

For the moment, I'm in North Hatley, where it is -23, with no windchill at all, and trying to figure out how to pack for 2 weeks (+/-) in Halifax and 2 years in Namibia.

I read the log of a Peace Corps girl in Khorixas, the town we're going to. She lost all her luggage for about 2 weeks at the beginning, and maintains that all you need are a pair of sandals, a multitool, a water bottle, pictures from home and ... I forget the last one. Everything else can be bought.

However, we are bringing an awefull lot of IT stuff, that we hope will work... Because they are lighter than medical textbooks. And we are bringing Post Exposure Prophylaxis. And downloading the WHO's and MSFs texts on obstetrics for remote doctors. And hoping our computers, PDAs and phones work...

If not, my kind mother has agreed to ship us some textbooks I've got piled in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment