Friday, March 20, 2009

The water is back...

So the water came back on, after about 48 hours of being off. Just thought I'd reassure you! For some reason it totally freaked me out that it was off for so long. The hospital ran out, and I guess I was imagining babies being born, no water to wash them (though they could open bags of saline, and did, in fact), and more diarrhea, and all sorts. I don't know, it freaked me out. We had electricity (and internet), but the lack of water is much more important. Makes you really appreciate it once you've got it back!

In fact, the last few nights have been really really cold (like 20 degrees according to my crap thermometer...) It feels so much colder. Anyway, cold mornings+cold shower are unpleasant, so this morning, getting up at 5 am to use the euphemism, I turned on the hot water heater!! Lovely hot shower.

The last 2 days have been quiet at work, not sure why, maybe because of lack of water, or because it's Namibian independance day on Saturday (21st March). And I must say, Much Appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment